Tuesday, May 10, 2011

..It Aint Over....'Til Its Over, Right?

I have been looking over the students' wikis, team pages, blogs, etc. and have found some thrills and sadly some disappointments. I have yet to master the art of showing students the importance of personal motivation. How do I get students to "want" to learn or wrestle through something so that they can really learn how to do new things? I am no flash expert, but I realize I cannot get better at it unless I am willing to spend the time wrestling with it!--I actually like the challenge of doing this; but am at a loss as to how to translate this "thrill" to my students.

I will continue to see the merit and worth of Globaloria in the "big picture" of student learning. I sometimes worry that the central focus of learning (students) has been lost to the educational arena. When I begin to think of this I work harder at trying to show the value of all the skills that Globaloria offers. To me, Globaloria is a key factor in the hopeful evolution of future education. I just hope that the educational arena and students come to realize the importance of education being student-centered, student-focused, student-motivated, and ultimately motivating to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive