Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How Often Do We Say, "Thanks"?

As the students and their teams work down to the wire on their games, demos, and teampages, I wonder how many times they have had to reach out to the Globaloria Help Desk? I know I have done so for myself and my students numerous times. With that in mind, I would like to say thanks to those unknown and invisible "Globaloria Guardian Angels" who give us their undivided attention...on the spot.... and right now! I say this because if we think about it, how many of us get really into a project and hit a snag knowing that we can get instantaneous help? I know the last couple of times I have asked for help on behalf of one of my students, the "Guardian Angel" quickly noted the problem, explained the error, and offered several ways of fixing the problem (as a good teacher does). The person also showed interest in the progress of the student's work beyond just the small window of "help" provided.

--We should all take the time to thank them for their efforts.

Thanks!!

Angie Leef @ GWHS

1 comment:

  1. Very good point! I try to say thanks to the help desk every time. Once in a while, I just say, "Hi. Have a great day." I hope it helps them not to cringe every time the help desk "phone" rings!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive