Thursday, March 17, 2011

Future of Education?-Bring It On!!!

As I was racing through my "normal" day, I came across an email from a fellow teacher and chuckled at the comments he made about an educational video on TED.com. I have watched videos on the site before and made the time to go and see what he was talking about. When the video started, I thought to myself, I have heard that voice somewhere before. As I watched, I realized I had actually used some of this guys videos in my classes. If you get the opportunity, please watch the video. What this guy discusses is AWESOME! One of the issues he discussed was students setting the pace for learning and utilizing the benefits of peer tutoring. I have almost screamed that there should be peer tutors. Our education system under utilizes the abilities of upper class men. Instead of letting seniors take "empty" classes or becoming school aides as fillers, many should be doing exactly what this video talks about. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video! I love resources like this, but don't have much time to go find them. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive