Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am thankful....

The snow we have been having lately has brought back memories of my childhood. Those days when the snow blower could not get through our little country road....the good old days! In those same days I remember Christmases that were lean but still happy. Though we never had much, my parents instilled in me to work hard and always strive to do better. Maybe that is why I am so passionate about driving my students crazy?

At our school, there may be numerous students with humble home lives like I had. BUT, in our school I see LOTS of potential from the students who are capable of rising above their humble beginnings to do anything they would choose. As a teacher, I have set this as my goal. Do I want them to learn my class curriculum, yes. BUT, I feel it is more important that I give them the ability to work hard, learn how to learn, and determine their destiny for themselves. This means not even considering their current living situations in their 'Big Picture' of life.

I truly count myself blessed and I am thankful for my short window of time (and maybe good influence) with each and every student that I am allowed to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive