Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolution...What Can YOU Do to Make Globaloria Better?

I have had a blessed and peaceful Christmas Holiday this year. This week has allowed me to get caught up on things at home; slow down to enjoy my family; and start to ponder what is coming up this new year.

In the last few days, I have read numerous educator reports with their triumphs, failures, and worries over their classes and students. Many of the reports seem to mirror each other. Some students are doing a great job and some are missing the mark. I ask myself, "Why?" As educators and students, what have each of us contributed to Globaloria this year? I know we are not supposed to treat the program like it is the center of our lives, but when I think about what I want for my kids, my students, and for the whole educational process, Globaloria is the only program out there that is even attempting to meet the needs of our modern-day students.--I'm not kidding and I'm not just blowing smoke.

What do we want for our kids? What kid of education do they need and deserve? If we think the status quo of our current educational system is meeting our children's needs we are sadly fooling ourselves. I, for one, am not fooled and am disgusted with what we are offering our kids. Globaloria might be different, it might be a lot of work, it might require we teachers to become dedicated learners, it might require us to allow our students to help and/or teach us....but this is where true education needs to go. Face it folks...our educational system is broken and Globaloria stands the chance to help us create a new model of hope for our well-deserving kids to become global and SUCCESSFUL learners. Unless we all invest in this model and try to integrate it into our classrooms and our schools, we stand to stagnate and remain the sad "status quo".....break out of the pathetic cycle and determine that YOU are going to be a part of the Globaloria revolution and help change the platform and foundation of our students' education....this is my goal...using Globaloria as a role model and branching out into every aspect of my teaching "tool box". Bring on 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive